[Sca-cooks] Silly season

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Jul 29 13:08:21 PDT 2008

chawkswrth at aol.com wrote:
> How did the family handle my Birthday? One Grandmother would send me a 5 dollar bill in a birthday card, and say it was for both my birthday and Christmas. The other Grandmother always gave me clothes on my Birthday and a toy or jewelry?at Christmas (she died when I was 14)
> Somewhere around the age of ten, I informed the parental units that my birthday cakes were Christmas Cakes, not Birthday Cakes-too many snowmen and Santas. I wanted a normal birthday cake...after that, I got either roses on the cake, or I got Dobach (sp) from a German bakery in new Orleans...I miss those cakes.

I hear you there! My birthday falls on Thanksgiving every few years, and
even when it's on a different day, it's close enough that I don't
remember the last time I had a real birthday cake. My mom used to stick
a candle in the middle of the pumpkin pie. X-P) Last birthday party I
had was... er, 1980. Been awhile.

A Dobosch torte? Oooh! Pernit me to envy you!

another holiday b-day,

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore