[Sca-cooks] "Fresh" Cheese Question

Doc edoard at medievalcookery.com
Mon Jun 2 10:49:06 PDT 2008

A related sidenote:  "nesshe" (or "nesche") here is
probably not a transcription/copy error for "fresh",
but is most likely spelled as intended.  "Nesche" is
the Middle-English word for "soft", so the recipe as
written is calling for a soft cheese.

If I were making such a recipe and feeling lazy, I'd
probably use mozzarella.  However, I would also be
curious how it would turn out using freshly-made
cheese.

- Doc