[Sca-cooks] "Fresh" Cheese Question

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 2 11:38:59 PDT 2008

I have used conventional cottage cheese in full strength making my
standard green tarte, but omitted the milk of the "custard."  Usually
it's two cups of milk [or one time, white wine, which was great!] and
three eggs;  this time, two cups of cottege cheese and three eggs, in
total.  That worked very nicely with the kind of milky cottage cheese
you get in Caid.

Tangentially:  I was a bit floored at how different cottage cheese was
in Michigan as opposed to California.  The cottage cheese actually
tasted like CHEESE.  Too bad there was no way to bring it home.

Selene