[Sca-cooks] OOP: Cottage Cheese & Butter - US vs. Canada

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Wed Jun 4 19:21:29 PDT 2008

I have been in the States for a LONG time now (1983) and I miss the
less salted, no colored, more expensive butter of my youth.
Can't say that we ever craved American butter, even when we lived
close to the border.
My grandparents used to have a house in the States and every winter
when they would go to the states they would "smuggle" canadian
sausages, bacon (from Canada not Canadian bacon) and Canadian aged
Cheddar down to the states.
When I go home I always come back with several things that are
impossible or expensive to get here - Scotch Broth, Salad Cream, a
specific kind of Sloppy Joe mix, and mint sauce and jelly.
Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST
REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.com