[Sca-cooks] Prayers for recipe timing

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jun 5 15:41:56 PDT 2008

Thanks, Eduardo. I sent this one along.

While I'll admit that this is not solid evidence, it seems to me that
these examples would indicate that prayers were fairly commonly used
for timing time sensitive processes. I suppose we'd need actual
exaples of period instructions, to consider it solid evidence, but I
think I just might be memorizing some Latin prayers, and experiment
with timing some of my smithing processes....

Oso says that when you're heat treating metal, a few good prayers
never hurts anything anyway ;-)