[Sca-cooks] Recipe Deal Breakers

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jun 5 20:38:15 PDT 2008

> jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:
>
>>When I first started cooking SCA-period recipes, almond milk was a deal
>>breaker. Then it was pie crusts (I still don't make my own). Now... I
>>couldn't tell you for sure what my deal breakers are, except maybe lamb,
>>brains, and most offal. Anyone else have 'deal breakers' in period
>>recipes?
>>

> Any special reason for banning lamb?  Most people here think it's
> delicious.

Most places around here don't have much except either chops, or sometimes,
leg of lamb, and it's rather pricey.

(Brains, obviously, are complicated to get, and most offal, while not
complicated, is difficult to feed to anyone else, and I'm not familiar
enough with cooking them to begin with to even know what I'm looking for.
I'll cook with chicken livers-- they are easy to get if not my favorite
foods.)

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net