[Sca-cooks] Another potentially Hungarian recipe / Hungarian uproar

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 11 16:57:23 PDT 2008

On Jun 11, 2008, at 7:05 PM, emilio szabo wrote:

>> The Victoria and Albert museum in London has some recipes on their
>> website.
>
>> http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1487_renaissance/recipesmessisbugo.html
>

>> Among them is: Veal Soup in a Hungarian Uproar
>
>> The original Italian is not given, and i wonder about that
>> "Hungarian uproar"...
>

> Just in case I have found the right recipe,* it seems to me, that
> someone
>
> might have misunderstood the phrase "in Fracasso".

Imagine if that were "in Fricasso"? It may not be, but we've got what
appears to me, after a quick glance, and in my broken culinary
Italian, to be little bits of veal fried in a pan with ft and onions,
then broth, spices, and [honey? Or is that apples?] added to make a
sauce, in which the dish is finished in a clay pot on the embers...

I, G. Tacitus Adamantius Magister, peer of the Eastern Realm, Master
of the Laurel, Companion of the Manche, Companion of the Silver
Crescent, Companion of the Burdened Tyger, Companion of the Seahorse,
Companion of the Seastar...

...humbly request a translation from any kind soul willing and able to
provide one, because my Italian is dubious, at best ;-).

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter