[Sca-cooks] Hot weather feasts/Italian theme

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Jun 12 04:37:00 PDT 2008

You could do a combined menu of cold items
in the spirit of Scappi. As Baroness Helewyse has noted
" The Italian feast is one that lends itself to feast design within the
SCA. The courses or services are divided into cold courses, which are
pre-prepared and served from a "credenza" or sideboard..." with "A
sideboard, essentially a cupboard containing pre-prepared food, served
cold."
So one could prepare this feast using her recipes that represent foods
served off the credenza.

These courses from the credenza are laid out at
http://www.geocities.com/helewyse/#Feasts

Johnnae