[Sca-cooks] OT: Giving up smoking

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:21:41 PDT 2008

Suey,
I understand your frustration.  I suggest you take a look at the American
Cancer Society's Quit Smoking
page<http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_10_13X_Guide_for_Quitting_Smoking.asp?from=fast>
While a lot of what is there regarding smoking cessation programs, you might
find something that will help you figure out where to go in your own
country.  If all else fails, you can contact them (phone or email) to ask if
they know about any programs near where you live.

Beyond that, not being in Chile, there probably isn't much that any of us
here in the US can offer beyond letting you know that you have our support
in what you are trying to do.  I quit almost 30 years ago...a 20 year, 2
pack a day habit, so trust me, I feel your pain!  But you can do it!  You
just have to be more determined than the habit is.

Kiri