[Sca-cooks] Cookbooks for Beginners

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Mon Jun 2 08:30:39 PDT 2008

I think I need to know your definition of beginner.
I whole agree with the suggestions to date but some of them fall in
to what I would consider intermediate.
And as stated before a region or time period would be helpful.

Also what do people suggest for beginner overviews? The Art of
Cookery by Scully seems a bit dense and specific. What about
Davidson? Lots of out of period stuff but a good starting point for
many things. Milham's translation of De Honesta?

Thoughts?

Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST
REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.com