[Sca-cooks] Recipe Deal Breakers

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jun 6 00:44:50 PDT 2008

Laura C. Minnick wrote:
> jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:
>> When I first started cooking SCA-period recipes, almond milk was a deal
>> breaker. Then it was pie crusts (I still don't make my own). Now... I
>> couldn't tell you for sure what my deal breakers are, except maybe lamb,
>> brains, and most offal. Anyone else have 'deal breakers' in period
>> recipes?
>>

> Organ meats/offal, or marrow. And I haven't the courage to eat eel.

I'm choosy about offal-- I'm fond of haggis, pate, chicken livers, and
sausages, but _hate_ kidneys with the fire of a thousand suns. Marrow is
pretty harmless, and freshwater eels are delectable.  (Most people here
would consider smoked eel a treat.)

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,