[Sca-cooks] Non-Period Food Story

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 16:24:40 PDT 2008

I saw the story on "Slate" earlier today.  From there I googled various recipes.  All of them are interesting.

The similarities to the earliest renditions of MREs (Meal, Ready to Eat), are ... well ... memorable.

At the same time … this is for the prisoner who is segregated for punishment purposes.  The food fulfills all the basic requirements for a daily diet.  It is beats ‘bread and water’, and is a HUGE improvement over the force-feeding staple of raw eggs through a funnel.  It has the added benefit of being a deterrent to further bad behavior.

Two pennies nonce

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster Never knock on Death's door.Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.