[Sca-cooks] Newbie question about dandelions

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Mon Mar 10 20:54:27 PDT 2008

Ok, don't laugh, but are dandelions old world or new world food, and does anyone have any recipes or know how they were used?  How did they differ from the common yard dandelions of today?  I have heard of eating them as greens and making wine from them but no other uses.  Is it worth trying with our current crop in the backyard or is this just an exercise in futility?

Christianna (the newbie one from Texas who mostly just lurks)