[Sca-cooks] Oranges

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 23:45:21 PDT 2008

Isabella commented:
<<< PS: do changing flavors count too? Oranges were originally sour,
I believe.
And blood oranges are just cool looking, but hard to find. >>>

These (sour oranges, blood oranges, sweet oranges) are three
different varieties and originally came from different regions. I
don't believe any of them are ancestors of the others. We've
discussed oranges a number of times. All are available if you know
where to look. The grapefruit does appear to be a hybrid, though. And
yes, I believe limes and key limes are talked about in this file as
well.

Perhaps this might be of interest:
fruit-citrus-msg (112K) 12/21/06    Period citrus fruits. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/fruit-citrus-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas