[Sca-cooks] preserved lemons

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 14:17:47 PDT 2008

Isabella asked:
<<< Has anyone tried that Moroccan method of preserving
lemons in salt? How does that come out? It looks interesting, but we
haven't
tried it yet. >>>

It has been a little while since the threads on preserved lemons came
up, so just in case there is someone here curious about what Isabella
is talking about there is this file. Until Suey? brought it up here
I'd never heard of these.

presrvd-lemons-msg(38K) 12/24/06    Dried, pickled and salted
preserved lemons.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/presrvd-lemons-msg.html

I know a few people mentioned eating these, but I too, would like to
hear any comments about making them.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas