[Sca-cooks] Pigeons (was Magpie)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 5 22:01:28 PST 2008

Olwen said:
<<< I have been handling road kill wild birds for years and years,
everything from turkey buzzards to dove with no ill effects.  I cut
their wings off and if it is a big bird I also take the feet.  I have
even hit wild birds with my truck and had a nice supper.  Granted, I
do not collect anything from the carcass of flying rats (pigeons) in
the city mostly because they are so imbred they are sickly or
deformed or both. >>>

Olwen, I'm not quite sure I understand you. You said "I cut their
wings off and if is a big bird I also take the feet". Does that mean
that all you eat from the bird are the wings and the feet? Or that
you cut off the wings and the feet and then eat what is left? I
thought the body would be where most of the meat would be.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com