[Sca-cooks] Newbie question about dandelions

Cindy Sorenson wolfhawke81 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 05:04:05 PDT 2008

An added note on this wondrous plant:  the greens are a very good source of vitamin C, but definitely use the young greens.  Dandelions fall into the category of 'poisonous' because the white milk contains digitalis - a heart stimulant.  Two others in this category are salsify and milkweed.

(another newbie quietly watching from the sidelines)