[Sca-cooks] Newbie question about dandelions

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Mar 11 07:49:43 PDT 2008

I can not find anything that says Dandelion has digitalis, only foxglove.
Are you sure you were not speaking of the latex from the stem sap and traces
in the leaves which some are allergic to?
Most varieties of Milkweed, to my understanding has digitalis - like effects
but not the substance.

 This is the first time I have heard that Dandelion and Milkweed to be
poisonous, except in cases where the person didn't realize or think that the
neighbor used weed killer on the plant.

Dandelion also contains Vit. A and iron.

Recipes sites
http://www.prodigalgardens.info/dandelion%20recipes.htm

http://www.sunriseherbfarm.com/recipes/dandeliondishes.html
http://tinyurl.com/2jkjrx