[Sca-cooks] BAD sources for historical cooks

V A phoenissa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 13:19:34 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Nick Sasso <grizly at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I am going to take some heat for this suggestion, but for the above
> definition, "A Drizzle of Honey" is an example.  The discourse is useful
> and
> documented . . . the recipes seem to be adaptations of recipes from
> English
> works and made to be more relavent.

No heat from here -- that one has already landed on our "bad books" list.
Not because it's actually a bad book, as you say -- I actually really like
it as a *modern* cookbook, but not as a historical source.  It's going to be
a great example for our class, actually, because it's a very popular book
that gets recommended a lot, but it's not really a viable source for
historical recipes.

Vittoria
coming to this discussion a little late...thanks for getting it started,
Urtatim ;-)