[Sca-cooks] East European sources

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Mar 13 21:01:11 PDT 2008

>There is somecstuff in the 15th century German corpus
>and specifically one of the Munich fragments
>(Münchener Kochbuchhandschriften' published by
>Tupperware Germany, edited by Trude Ehlert, ISBN
>3-403-03364-3) contains four recipes desigfnated as
>'Hungarian or Bohemian', though the text itself is
>Middle High German.
>
>Generally, there are a few recipes specifically
>designated 'Bohemian', and it has been argued that
>some recipes referred to as 'pagan' (heidnisch) are
>also East European.

Thank you.  Rumpolt has Bohemian recipes, but I cant find Heid- in anything that is transcribed yet.  There are are a few for Türcken und Polacken.

In the menu section, there is "vier Bancket der Konigen in Vngern vnd Böhem"  Four banquets for the Kings in Hungary and Bavaria.  The menus are quite different from the other menus he gives.

Ranvaig