[Sca-cooks] Gulf Wars

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 10:01:29 PDT 2008

> So how was Gulf Wars this year?
Gulf War was good. Great weather. The attendance was
down from other years but that might be because they
moved the date so people couldn't make it for Spring Break
or gas prices kept people away.

In cooking news, the wood burning oven was again outside
the Green Dragon. There were several cookery classes taught.
The War Point A&S had my dinner, a nice beer, and TWO Reisling
wines from different competitors. I'm not sure if there were any
other food entries.

My display scored very well with a 22.5 out of 25 points.
I'm really happy with the way my small mead, slip coat cheese and
sausages came out. My display MAY make it into a local paper
as a reporter interviewed me and took pictures.
 > Gunthar's reception?

The reception was a bit of a bust. I think it was just bad timing
as we picked a night where a lot was going on as well as it being
Midnight Madness and a lot of Laurels who wanted to come by
were selling their wares.

I did get to meet some new folk and chatted for hours with
many of them.

The REAL party will be on Memorial Day weekend.

>Olwen's doings?<

I think she will have to post a report on that.> Johnnae
Gunthar