[Sca-cooks] Dough Question

Stanza693 at wmconnect.com Stanza693 at wmconnect.com
Tue Mar 18 09:00:34 PDT 2008

In a message dated 3/18/2008 7:10:53 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
sca-cooks-request at lists.ansteorra.org writes:

> What I'm wondering is.....we know we can make it day before and it still
> works the day of.  How would it work to make it up the previous Sunday and
> freeze it, thawing it out, say, the morning of the event?  Would that still
> rise properly, etc.  It is a braided bread, almost like a donut type thing.
> What do the wise, yeast-bread-knowledgeable folks here think?
>
> Kiri

I don't know about your recipe, but our local Rainbow Girls sell frozen yeast
braids as a fundraiser.  I've had the best luck with them when I let them sit
on the counter over night to thaw/raise with a damp cloth over them.

--Constanza Marina de Huelva
   </HTML>