[Sca-cooks] Dough question

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 18 11:55:04 PDT 2008

Caveat.  I haven't tested this.

I would be concerned about the sourdough leavening coming up to speed after
freezing.  The inconsistencies between starters make it difficult to judge
precisely what would happen.  I would be tempted to pull the dough out the
day before and give it extra time to thaw and rise.  You may have to add
some flour and work the dough again, if it slumps.  If you have time, run a
test.

If you used yeast, I would recommend doubling the amount to get a
satisfactory rise after freezing.

As this appears to be a fried bread, I would not recommend preparing the
bread in advance and freezing it.

Bear