[Sca-cooks] Salty carrots

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 19:50:56 PDT 2008

    Terry Decker clarified my queries about the origin of different
types of carrots. Thank you very much. I did not even know the European
carrot was white! Curious the more we learn the more we need to know.
     Bummer about you, Terry, ditching the William of Orange story and
carrot as the national vegetable in defiance of Philip II of Spain. I
love fairy tales. - My older sisters refused to take me to the movies
because I cried through Snow White and still do. My husband told my son
not to worry if the movie is good it is guaranteed I will cry. So you
can imagine how I picture William the Silent munching on his orange
carrot :'( !
    My next quest is going to be the beet. Does that have a Scottish
tale to go with it - beet red?
    Are there anymore critters out there I don't know about that changed
coats?
    How about the artichoke? Huici translates it as existing in the 13th
C. Perry says it was still chard.
    Ok Stefan tell us where you have it stored!
Suey