[Sca-cooks] Fig Newtons from God?

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 30 05:37:37 PDT 2008

What, you never saw "Hogan's Heroes"?  Cast member Robert Clary was
himself a Holocaust survivor, and agreed to be on the show on the
condition that the Nazis were never ever shown in a sympathetic light.

Once WWII has left living memory, and all those who even met a survivor
have passed from this earth, the whole thing will look different.  Our
ancestors who were saved by Esther would probably blanch over the very
concept of Hamentashen, don't you think?

As to the third:  really, I was thinking very dark chocolate bar
cookies, like brownies.

More Purim foolishness:  Xerxes in the graphic novel/movie "300" is one
of the Kings of Persia who is considered as a possible "real life"
person documented as King Ahasuerus.  Scary, huh?

Selene