[Sca-cooks] Fig Newtons from God?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Mar 30 07:50:44 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
> What, you never saw "Hogan's Heroes"?  Cast member Robert Clary was
> himself a Holocaust survivor, and agreed to be on the show on the
> condition that the Nazis were never ever shown in a sympathetic light.

Well, I agree with him. Nazis were people who should never have been

> Once WWII has left living memory, and all those who even met a survivor
> have passed from this earth, the whole thing will look different.  Our
> ancestors who were saved by Esther would probably blanch over the very
> concept of Hamentashen, don't you think?

I remember meeting a cab driver, riding around in DC, who was a
survivor- he showed me his tattoo. Other than that, I've not known any
survivors, despite having a couple of Jewish relatives (husbands of
women in my family). But, I can think of no more fitting epitaph for
such a jerk as Hitler, than to be trivialized, and made to bring joy
to the lucky survivors of his mania. I LIKE the Hitlertaschen idea.
Make up a recipe, and I'll pass it around ;-)

> As to the third:  really, I was thinking very dark chocolate bar
> cookies, like brownies.

Spcialty cookie cutters, maybe?

--
Saint Phlip