[Sca-cooks] Period Non-Alcoholic Beverages-was Citrus

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 10:25:19 PDT 2008

Urtatim wrote:
>  BTW, Sadaf (a "Middle Eastern" food manufacturer and importer) sells
>  bottled Quince & Lemon Syrup (it says Laimon-Safarjaliy on the label
>  in Arabic). It does not contain any rosewater or saffron, and is
>  nowhere near as delicious as home-made syrup.  But it's a lot less
>  work :-) I recommend that if one purchases it, one adds rosewater -
>  soak some saffron in the rosewater, if you feel up to it - and fresh
>  lemon juice.

Thank you for this post, so full of informational goodness.  I have
some of the Sadaf syrup, which I bought when I was playing around with
(non-period) cordials.  I didn't know that there was a period
non-alcoholic drink based on those flavors.  I'll bear that in mind,
the next time I'm doing a feast or dayboard.

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
My NEW email is rcarrollmann at gmail.com