[Sca-cooks] Panir was Re: Recipe request was Re: Khabisa with Pomegranate

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 31 19:04:49 PDT 2008

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:53 PM, <Stanza693 at wmconnect.com> wrote:
>

>> Oh.  May I have the recipe for Panir?  I've been playing with the idea of
>> learning to make my own cheeses.  (**Sigh.  Not really on my Weight
>> Watchers
>> plan, but still my down fall.)  Besides, anything with apricots has to be
>> good!
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Constanza Marina de Huelva
>> stanza693 at wmconnect.com

Most simple of cheeses.  Take a quart of cow's milk, raw is best but the
others will work,   Bring it to a boil, squeeze a lemon into it. bring
it back to the boil and then take it off the heat.  Once it has cooled a
little, pour through a cheese cloth and allow to hang overnight.  I
usually hang the cheese on my kitchen faucet and catch the whew in a
bowl for other uses.

That's it!  I have been known to put fresh herbs in to infuse in the
warming milk.

Selene