[Sca-cooks] Translations

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Sun May 4 11:22:08 PDT 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Audrey Bergeron-Morin
<audreybmorin at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Of course, it's much worse when you're trying to translate things that
>  date back a couple of centuries, when, more often than not, the
>  grammar/vocabulary wasn't fixed yet and varied from writer to writer
>  and region to region.

And changes in spelling, and word divisions.  I tried a simple phrase
on Google Translate in archaic Spanish: "pan enel forno".
The translation I got back was: "enel bread forno".  Not terribly useful.
When I modernized it to "pan en el horno", the program had no trouble
recognizing "bread in the oven".

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
My NEW email is rcarrollmann at gmail.com