[Sca-cooks] What to do with this meat

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Mon May 5 10:07:04 PDT 2008

Yummy - love the country-style ribs!
Egredouce is a good flavor profile to use.  We make a modern bbq marinade of
spices, vinegar and worchestershire sauce for those and grill them slowly,
they are meaty and tender. I make up an Egredouce seasoning mix and use that
to flavor the vinegar marinade, then use the same blend to make a sauce with
some raisins and red wine for serving.  You can also stew the meat in that
sort of sauce.  We adapted from the egredouce recipes in Take a Thousand
Eggs or More to suit our modern vinegar marinade recipe, admittedly, but I
was trying to win over the hearts of a dyed-in-the-wool red bbq sauce crowd.
At least the wine and raisins produce a purply-colored sauce ;)
Here are the spices I include in my mix:
Cinnamon
Cubebs
Galingale
Thyme
Savory
Sage
Ginger
Garlic
Black Pepper
Cloves
Mace
Salt
Sugar

Glad to hear food prices SOMEWHERE are somewhat reasonable!
Christianna