[Sca-cooks] Pepper mill was From Renata

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu May 8 03:55:29 PDT 2008

 From information gleaned from the web and from my own practical
experience--
reports say--
Mine came with detailed instructions about taking the mill apart &
cleaning it. If you are unable to find that maybe this will help. Use a
toothpick or small toothbrush
to clean the channels on both parts of the grinding mechanism. If
desired, use alcohol to clean and disinfect mechanism and wipe out
interior of the hole in the bottom of the peppermill, being careful to
let both dry completely before reassembly. If you want information on
how to take it apart go to

hometown.aol.com/_ht_a/trevman2/Maintenance.html  or contact the
manufacture.
-------------
used a toothbrush I keep in the kitchen for just such jobs to scrub as
much of the metal parts as I could reach. I then gave it a quick rinse,
and towel dried the outside, and set it in the kitchen window to let the
inside dry out. You could use a blow dryer if you wanted. It worked
fine, and didn't damage the finish at all. A baby bottle nipple brush
would probably reach all the way inside, if you have one. I would never
put wood in a dishwasher, it would probably ruin it. Good luck!
Can we find out the manufacturer? If so, I can do some more checking.

Otherwise if she can dis-assemble it and allow pieces to air dry. Do
they need to be rinsed to remove soap?
I don't know how complicated it is to separate into parts. I suppose
while it's apart-- clean with a soft brush.

I'd toss any pepper that was in it.

Hope the recovery continues.

Johnnae