[Sca-cooks] Vegetables and are you all still there?

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Mon May 12 11:41:59 PDT 2008

By salad do you mean leafy greens?

De Honesta has lots of salads and variations. Check out Book III,
Entry 31 (Lettuce and Rocket Salad), Book IV, Entry 2 (Plain Lettuce
Salad and a variation which includes mint and parsley),  Book IV,
entry 5 has a salad with many herbs (Lettuce, borage, mint, calamint,
fennel, parsley, wild thyme, marjoram, chervil, lambs tongue,
nightshade, fennel flowers and other "oderiferis herbis" (aromatic
herbs).

There are quite a few more salads and also several cooked greens
which you may or may not consider a salad.

Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST
REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.com