[Sca-cooks] pottery and pottery glazes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 14 19:40:15 PDT 2008

Dragon mentioned:
<<< We did make up one glaze to a formula provided by Master Hroar
who is
a Laurel in pottery here in Caid (the glaze used on the chafing dish
and one of the pitchers). He has several reference works he has
recommended to me regarding glaze formulations which I need to go out
and purchase at some point, remind me and I will post that
bibliography. Right now, I am very much a novice in that area and
have a lot more to learn. I look forward to learning more and sharing
more. >>>

Please do post this bibliography. I'd love to add it to the
Florilegium since I have very little on pottery glazes, period or
modern. Or if you think I need to ask Master Hroar for permission to
use this, I will.

For those who might be interested, I do have these files in the
CRAFTS section:
ceramics-bib       (7K)  7/20/01    A ceramics, pottery and tile
bibliography.
Ceramics-Intro-art(13K) 11/19/01    An introduction to pottery and
ceramics
                                        by Lady Artemesia Serena.
pottery-msg      (101K)  8/22/02    Medieval pottery, kilns. modern
equivalents.
pottery-whels-msg (28K)  1/24/01    Period pottery wheels. Types.
Building them.
Throwing-Pots-art (13K) 11/21/01    "Throwing Pots" by Lady Artemesia
Serena.
                                        Using a potter's wheel.

Stefan
--------