[Sca-cooks] Marzipan bees

charding at nwlink.com charding at nwlink.com
Fri May 16 08:42:29 PDT 2008

The barony I live in has a tradition of bees.  so one feast my partner mad
a bee scep (unsure of the spelling) a straw bee hive and I made marzipan
bees with sheet gelatin wings and made them fly by sticking them on
spaghetti (dry of course) and sticking the other end of the spaghetti into
the hive.  They wobbled as we brought the whole thing out,  We also made
shrewsbury cakes in a honey comb shape. and had marzipan bees "crawling on
them"

Maeva
Glymm Mere, An Tir