[Sca-cooks] Midrealm News regarding royalty OT OP

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sun May 18 07:54:25 PDT 2008

> This is, of course, only the experience of one person I know, who > presumably has a certain bias.> > Adamantius
When Sara and I stepped up to the Ansteorran Throne, we wanted to
have a bit of fun and to get away from granting the past Crown with
Royal status just for being the past Crown which is terribly non-period.
So, after all of the required business had been taken care of, a cloaked
man in the front row lept up screaming, "Death to Ansteorra!" and attempted
to kill me with a sword. Sir Barn, serving as my temporary King's Champion,
interceded and a quick swordfight ensued where the attacker was slain
and dragged out.

Because of his actions, I granted Sir Barn and his wife lands and title. It
was a fun schtick. No harm done and Coronation was made a bit more
authentic.

After several months we were informed by our Kingdom Seneschal that we
were under investigation by the BoD because we'd allowed the use of
"Live Steel" at an event. Even though the blades were dulled, the fight
was choreographed and the attacker was wearing body armor and a blood
bag. We never got to defend ourselves, were never allowed to confront
the BoD on the matter and the BoD had our own Seneschal write a Letter
of Reprimand to us and all people involved.

We got to send off one letter giving our view of the situation and I doubt
it was even discussed. I hear that Duke Andrew of Riga was our main
prosecuter but I never got a chance to even talk with anyone. I'd certainly
love to have the opportunity for a nice face-to-face with His Grace some
day.

No, I haven't trusted the BoD ever since, even though Sara is now married
to a member who I like a great deal.

Gunthar