[Sca-cooks] Fwd: [CAM] sourdough starter

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 19 12:09:20 PDT 2008

Merouda asked:
<<< As an aside, I have noted the lenten pancake recipe in the cooks
archive and could stand some pointing towards additional period recipes
that might pass as sourdough quick breads. I welcome your
suggestions.>>>

Take a look at this file in the FOOD-BREADS section of the Florilegium:
brd-mk-sour-msg   (92K)  3/20/08    Breadmaking -Period sourdough
bread recipes.

These additional files in the same section might also be of interest:
pancakes-msg      (51K) 11/20/04    Period pancakes and pancake-like
foods.
BNYeast-art       (14K)  4/24/97    "A Brief Note on Yeast" by
Katerine Rountre.
yeasts-msg        (84K) 10/ 1/06    Medieval use of yeast. Using it
in the CMA.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas