[Sca-cooks] Fwd: [CAM] sourdough starter

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 19 08:49:38 PDT 2008

> As an aside, I have noted the lenten pancake recipe in the cooks
> archive and could stand some pointing towards additional period recipes
> that might pass as sourdough quick breads. I welcome your suggestions.
>
> Merouda, more usually a lurker.

I'd recommend picking up a copy of Ed Wood's World Sourdoughs from
Antiquity.  It has a number of quickbread recipes that you might find
useful.  As for actual period recipes, ISTR that most of those are
unleavened.  If you want to modify the recipes, a cup of (semi-liquid)
starter is roughly 1 cup of flour plus 1/2 cup liquid and you can use that
ratio to replace flour and water in the recipe.

Bear