[Sca-cooks] Fwd: [CAM] sourdough starter

Elyse Boucher elyseboucher at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 06:02:35 PDT 2008

Gentle friends,

A dear friend of mine obtained a starter for me when I decided to try
sourdough "quickbreads" as an alternative to egg-baking soda-baking
powder rising concoctions. She has publicly announced that she still
has 4 starter strips left after distributing them to the people who
asked for them (once we found out she was going to get them, there were
suddenly a lot more takers than just goofy ol' me ;-)

I'm forwarding her letter to this list, thinking that one or two
gentles here might be interested in them. Please write to the lady
directly regarding these if you are interested in them. :-)

As an aside, I have noted the lenten pancake recipe in the cooks
archive and could stand some pointing towards additional period recipes
that might pass as sourdough quick breads. I welcome your suggestions.
:-)

Merouda, more usually a lurker.