[Sca-cooks] OK, this is weird ...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 19 17:34:40 PDT 2008

I wonder how old this recipe is.  There is a calzone recipe in Martino in
which he suggests a filling of almond paste, but the phrasing leaves open
the possibility of other fillings.  The combination of ingredients make me
think this might be Renaissance or even Medieval in origin.

The cherry jam called for is not necessarily sweet.  It might be sour or
tart depending on the cherries used.

Bear