[Sca-cooks] Midrealm News regarding royalty OT OP

aldyth at aol.com aldyth at aol.com
Mon May 19 18:16:52 PDT 2008

It happened in the Outlands years ago.? One of the combatants mailed in his renewal.? Crown was on a Saturday.? The renewal was processed/received on the following Monday.? He won.? He called on Monday to make sure it had been received.? His phone call, and the reason why (cause he won) resulted in the tourney being invalidated, and another done at our Coronation.? What our kingdom does now to make sure that doesn't ever happen again is just a change in procedure.? The Kingdom Seneschal checks the membership of each combatant and consort thru Milpitas the Thursday before our Crown Tourney.? Not current and in good standing, cannot fight/be fought for?in the tourney.? No exceptions. I don't know the timetable of Crown to Coronation in the MIddle.? It seems to me it could have been identified as a problem before Coronation though.

I think the BoD paints with a pretty broad brush.? But sometimes they have to?to avoid litigation. It is one of the necessary evils of those who blend modern and "medieval" society.

Aldyth