[Sca-cooks] Midrealm News regarding royalty OT OP

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Fri May 23 08:51:53 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Nick Sasso <grizly at mindspring.com> wrote:

> [...]

Well, actually, I recently had a contact with a legally-organized,
real-world organization.  I had a doctor's bill I owed, and was on a payment
plan.

I missed a payment due to digitalis poisoning (apparently, there was a drug
recall, and I was taking double doses), and the lab was very understanding,
and reinstated me on my payment plan.

If you think about it, I was being given a privilege, here; that of not
paying it all up front.  And this office has to meet legal responsibilities,
too, since it's a legally-organized corporation.  So, if even mundane
organizations can be flexible, doesn't the "legal organization" argument for
the BOD's inflexibility go away?

I mean, if it says "at their discretion," that means they can use that
discretion as they see fit...and it's already incorporated into policy.

Not that I'm complaining about the BOD.  I just don't think that particular
argument is very useful.

--
Ian of Oertha