[Sca-cooks] A very public Thank You.

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 11:41:42 PDT 2008

This list is for me a constation of Tenesse Williams "the kindness of
strangers". Sharing all those fancy clothes is as to have an avatar in
the SCA :)
Ana, newly back from Palestine, where young girls in the refugee camps
are making embroiderings in the old patterns of Palestinian villages
which don't exist anymore

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:30 PM,  <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

>  On Wed 05/21/08 10:49 AM , Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
> sent:
>  Almost since it was announced for my Laurelling, Elizabeth has been
>  smugly walking around with secrets she refused to tell me. Just
>  that I didn't have to worry about what to wear for he ceremony.
>  I pestered her constantly to no avail. She wouldn't tell me. When I
>  would ask, "Well, what color are the clothes?" she would reply,
> "Period
>  colors".
>  Yeah, it's a wonder she's still living.
>  --Heh, heh, heh...
>  Last night I got in from fighter practice and there was a largish
> box
>  sitting on my computer desk. She told me she can't keep it a secret
>  anymore and to open the box. After struggling with it a bit, it was
>  VERY well sealed.  It was opened to display a beautiful cote with
>  the most amazing embroidery and pearls.
>  It seems 'lanie, assited by a friend (Helevois de Rohan?),
>  --(Havoise de Rohan)
>  The garb is a gorgeous Greenland gown in a cream color (I'm
>  told it is "winter") made of a light wool with linen lining.
>  --Actually the lining is made of silk. It's just that the weave
> looks like linen, with the small slubs in it.
>  It is far too nice for a Gunthar to be seen in.
>  --Hey! I told you, none of that! Silly Gunthar...
>  Yes, there will be pictures after this weekend.
>  --Yes! Aunty 'Lainie wants pictures!
>  Heh.
>  'Lainie

http://www.ekopolitan.com Grön sajt/Green

http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci