[Sca-cooks] Sign of the Times perhaps --DinneratCrown - cancelled

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Fri May 23 05:41:09 PDT 2008

900??? Wowsers! That would literally be everyone in Artemisia and then some!
(I haven't seen the Official Numbers lately, but we're one of the smallest,
if not *THE* smallest kingdoms, population-wise).  My barony hosted our most
recent Crown Tourney, and we didn't approach 200 people.  Fewer than 20 in
the list, all-told--a little light, but still pretty average.
Most of our events are local, one-day affairs which usually include a feast
and a simple lunch (we don't seem to do these "dayboard" things or
anything).  Summer months, that's tourney season, so there are weekend
camping events, but I can't think of any that include food now, although
there have been a few in the past. $15 (US) would be about average for
site/feast for an adult--most groups offer half-price discounts for kids,
and our family-heavy areas usually build in some sort of fee scale for
families as well.  Not sure what the site cost is for Uprising, which is the
single largest (annual) event in our Kingdom.  (just checked...$25 for
pre-reg, $30 at the gate.  And that's for adults.  Does not include food or
cabin or anything, but does help pay for a rather divine shower truck.)
--Maire