[Sca-cooks] Sign of the Times perhaps --Dinner atCrown - Cancelled

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 23 09:05:15 PDT 2008

Isabella asked about why Midrealm Spring Crown and A&S were at the same
event:

>I wonder why A&S was added? That would seem to complicate an already
>complicated issue

I believe it was added because there would be a bigger draw for A&S.  This
is _kingdom_ A&S, not a regional event.  People come from many regions for
Crown Tourney so there would be a greater likelihood of someone to bring
your entry, or of your actually attending with your entry.  It also
provides the potential for a greater number of judges - as well as people
just to see what is being done relating to the arts and sciences.  For some
Crown Tourneys, the combatants (and/or consort - it depends) need to
provide an entry to show that they are not just "stick jocks".  The Crown
needs to represent everyone and all activities, not just heavy weapons
fighters.  We've gone back and forth as to whether the Tourney is on the
first or second day, but it seems as if we are staying with the Tourney on
the day after the A&S day.  When A&S was second, there was a mass exodus of
people after the Tourney and fewer people for the competition.

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/