[Sca-cooks] Sign of the Times perhaps --Dinner atCrown -Cancelled

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Fri May 23 14:07:16 PDT 2008

Thanks for the explanation-this makes a lot of sense. I believe that crown
tourney combatants have been required to produce an Art/Sci entry as a list
requirement from time to time in Trimaris, but I don't know if it's a
permanent requirement. At my very first event, sixteen years ago, I didn't
even know there was anything else except the fighting because my boyfriend
at the time hung out at the fighting field all day and when the list was
over we went home-no court, no feast, no nothing. So, anything that
increases awareness and participation in Art/Sci gets a two thumbs up from
me!
It seems, from the commentary on this list, that the site problem is
Society-wide, and we will probably just have to deal with it on a
case-by-case basis, as we are. At one time we had a land fund in this
kingdom, I think it was supposed to eventually buy or long-term lease a
site, but nothing ever came of it. It was a very problematic idea anyway.
So, we manage the best we can.
YIS,
Isabella de la Gryffin
Barony of Oldenfeld
Terra Magna Ludi

Frank Zappa

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine