[Sca-cooks] Ricotta non mascarpone (was RE: NOTT feast report(VERY long) (was fish))

Kerri Martinsen kerri.martinsen at gmail.com
Thu May 1 07:44:03 PDT 2008

On 5/1/08, Nick Sasso <grizly at mindspring.com> wrote:Vitha> > > > > >

I seems misspoke my question.

I am actually sort of versed in the processes of cheesemaking and the
general chemistry that occurs.  I am curious why everyone is saying:

"You can make ricotta using whey from cheesemaking for non-acid coagulated
cheeses but not from cheese that use lemon juice or vinegar as the
coaggulant"

The lactochemistry lesson stopped short of answering that question :o(
--

Humm..
ok.

Did that help?