[Sca-cooks] Immersion Blender

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Sat May 3 18:08:33 PDT 2008

For the price and the versatility the Braun is EXCELLENT.

After that you are going spend quite a bit.

The Robo coupe is great! Chef Rubber has it for $280 it has a 7 inch
shaft and the description follows.
4.5 qt capacity. 220W, variable speed: 2000-12,500 rpm. Stainless
steel removable knife, bell, & shaft. Shipped with 2 discs: 1 cutting
& 1 stirring.

But I make HUGE pots of soup with my Braun. The only time it really
didn't work well was with the test recipe for the Winter Greens Soup.
Once I took off the string bits from the kale, etc. it worked like a
charm. Soup for 60 with a garlic flan in the middle.

I even bought TWO (on sale really cheap) so I had two removable
heads. I also like the whisk attachment for things in between hand
whisking and getting out the kitchenaid.

David

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST
REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.com