[Sca-cooks] Vegetables and are you all still there?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon May 12 09:10:39 PDT 2008

On May 12, 2008, at 11:25 AM, jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

> Hi, everyone. I've not gotten SCA-Cooks mail for a while, so I
> wanted to
> see if was still subscribed. I'm also interested in hearing from
> people
> what their favorite period vegetable dishes are?

In addition to the various warm roasted vegetable salads people have
mentioned from Platina and/or Martino, I'm a huge fan of porrey
chapeleyn, which is made from onions cooked until soft in olive oil (I
suspect not browned, but the recipe doesn't say), thinned to a pottage
consistency with almond milk, and garnished with fried faux onion
rings made of pasta...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter