[Sca-cooks] A hidden opportunity? (was Dinner at Crown)

Kathleen A Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Fri May 23 07:44:56 PDT 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008 11:33:50 +1200
  Antonia Calvo <ladyadele at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> We just don't do this.  I've never been to a feast done
>by a non-SCA caterer.

it's getting harder and harder to find good venues in
albuquerque and at times the surrounding area.

and we tend to have big events or at least allow for big
events. i think it's the "y'all come" and "familia"
mentality in this neck of the woods.  our midwinter feast
site is a bit of a disaster, but it's what we have that
will feed 300.  we could use a hall 50 miles out of town
in the mountains, but then there's that snow thing in
winter.  other than that, it's a great hall with a
respectable area for fighting and a great kitchen.
 anything else is 80 or under, or no booze.

the kids got a good deal on the huge hall, broken down and
set up during the day for their needs, parking available,
nice large area for lots of fighting by the duckpond.
 unfortunately, aramack insists that no food be brought in
for nuttin'!  it has to be them cooking and supplying the
food or no food.  we have a new contract for the upcoming
semester.  might be interesting to see how they work with
us.

cailte
faculty/staff advisor to college of blaiddwyn and feeder
of 300

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Coordinator of Freshman Admissions
University of New Mexico