[Sca-cooks] Italian Garlic Tart: Seeking Source

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon May 26 17:37:35 PDT 2008

I wrote:
>  While surfing the web, i came across the following recipe on a French
>  website. The translation into English is mine. The conversions into US
>  measure are mine. And [comments in square brackets] are mine.
>
>  The French gives a source, but i can't figure out which it is. "Torta
>  d'agli" (even under another name) does not appear to be in the
>  anonymous Venetian, the anonymous Tuscan, or the Neapolitan. So i'd
>  like to know which book this is from.

Antonia di Benedetto Calvo posted:

And toodles, margaret (;-P) wrote:
>And a most excellent and well received tart it is, too. (Served it at my
>last feast -- Venetian Carnival -- although using my own interpretation
>from Helewyse's translation)

Looked tasty to me :-)

Wacko jacko, and weird with a beard.

It sure looked like it was from the anonymous Venetian, but it isn't
in the page i down loaded from Helewyse's website... Guess i've got
an incomplete version - i need to give it a re-visit!

Thanks for answering the question!
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita